Pregnancy is a special physiological period. During this period, you need a particularly good living environment, and some living habits that are not conducive to you being a healthy expectant mother must disappear from your life completely, even if only temporarily. Let’s take a look at the relevant knowledge below, I hope it can help you to endanger the fetus.
Five lifestyle habits that expectant mothers should change
Use cleaning products sparingly
Most cleaning products, such as furniture polish, scrubbing powder, and glass wipes, are safe, but pay attention to the correct use, and if possible, it is best to buy some less toxic cleaning products, or make your own Some natural cleaning supplies. Be careful when drying clothes. When drying clothes, the chemical components in some solvents may stick to the clothes and cause harm to the body of the mother-to-be. Therefore, you should avoid contact with those laundry solvents during the laundry process, and pay attention to ventilation and drying. After washing, you must remember to hang it in a ventilated place for a period of time to avoid some chemical components causing harm to the human body.
Avoid using your phone too much
Whether the use of mobile phones has any effect, although this still needs to be confirmed by more scientific data, the electromagnetic field released by mobile phones may have an impact on human fertility. For health and safety considerations, both before and during pregnancy, both you and your wife should Limit cell phone use as much as possible.
Avoid using electric blankets
If a mother-to-be’s body is exposed to electricity, it can lead to miscarriage. The use of electric mattresses will affect human reproductive function. If expectant mothers use electric blankets, it can lead to miscarriage. Therefore, when planning to become pregnant, try not to use electric blankets, and you can choose other thermal products.
Avoid keeping small animals
There are many families who like to keep pets, but they don’t know that they run around all day, no matter how dirty the garbage is, they will churn around randomly. It is conceivable that their mouths, claws, and fur will often be covered with various bacteria, viruses, and bows. pathogenic microorganisms such as
If people and animals eat and live, it is easy to spread diseases, and the harm to pregnant women is even greater. After the virus, toxoplasma and bacteria in pets infect pregnant women, they can reach the placenta through blood circulation, destroy the chorionic membrane structure of the placenta, cause the material exchange barrier between the mother and the fetus, make the supply of oxygen and nutrients lack, and the metabolism of the fetus The product cannot be excreted through the placenta in time, resulting in embryonic death and miscarriage. Chronic hypoxia can lead to intrauterine growth retardation or stillbirth.
In addition, more serious is that toxoplasma can cause congenital heart disease, microcephaly, hydrocephalus, spina bifida and other fetal malformations. If the expectant mother insists on raising small animals, then the husband should bear the responsibility of raising them, feed them cooked food or finished cat food and dog food, and prevent them from preying outside. Women before and during pregnancy should try to avoid contact with pets and their feces.
Don’t move in immediately after the new house is renovated
Harmful substances in decoration materials, such as formaldehyde, benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, etc., cannot be completely dissipated in a short time, which will endanger the health of the fetus and increase the incidence of congenital malformations and morbidity. The renovated house is best to be effectively ventilated for 3 months before moving in.
Avoid lifestyle habits that endanger the fetus
Internet access for a long time
Even if they are not pregnant and are preparing to have a baby, the couple should spend no more than 20 hours a week on the computer. Because the electromagnetic radiation emitted by the computer, including X-ray, ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and ultra-high frequency, high frequency, medium frequency and extremely low frequency electromagnetic field, as well as electrostatic field, long-term contact, will be harmful to sperm, egg, fertilized egg, embryo and fetus. There are various degrees of damage.
When using the computer for a long time, the mother’s brain is highly concentrated, the nerves are too tense, coupled with the low-frequency noise, radiation, electromagnetic waves in the environment, etc., which affect the normal development of the fetus, which can cause miscarriage, dystocia, premature birth, and the possibility of having a deformed fetus. Increase. Expectant mothers should prevent the pelvic blood from being stagnant due to prolonged sitting, and should not surf the Internet for a long time; when using a computer, pay attention to the height of the computer and the seat, and make yourself feel comfortable, so as to facilitate the healthy development of the fetus in the womb.
In the first trimester (within 3 months), the embryonic cells are in the sensitive period of cell division and fetal organ differentiation, so try to stay away from the computer. In the second and later trimesters, even if you occasionally use the computer, you should keep a proper distance from it, if possible. Wear protective clothing as much as possible, take a shower and change clothes after work.
Frequent sex life
Appropriate sex life during pregnancy can not only enhance the relationship between husband and wife, but also promote the growth and development of the fetus. However, due to the special psychological changes of expectant mothers after pregnancy, the frequency of sexual life should also be adjusted accordingly.
After pregnancy, you will find: vaginal secretions suddenly increase, and the vulva’s resistance to bacteria will be greatly weakened at this time. Frequent sex can lead to bacterial infection of the vagina, which can stimulate uterine contractions and cause miscarriage or premature labor. During pregnancy, the placenta is gradually formed and is developing every day. Frequent sexual life will make the uterus often under pressure, which is not conducive to the development of the placenta; orgasm causes excessive uterine contractions, which is easy to cause amniotic inflammation and weaken the elasticity of the amniotic membrane. cause miscarriage and premature birth.
Pregnancy sex schedule:
1. The first 3 months of pregnancy: it is advisable to prohibit or reduce sexual life.
2. Mid-pregnancy: The frequency of sexual life should be moderate, preferably once a week.
3. Late pregnancy: Sexual life should be prohibited.
3. Enjoy hot water baths for a long time
Taking a hot bath can not only wash away the fatigue and discomfort, but also have a calming effect, which can be said to have many benefits.
According to research, in the first 3 months of pregnancy, if the body temperature continues to exceed 39 ℃, it may cause spinal cord defects in the developing fetus. In the first month of pregnancy, the chance of this injury is significantly increased, so the water temperature should be controlled as much as possible. below 38°C. Expectant mothers are absolutely forbidden to take hot baths in the first 3 months of pregnancy, and also avoid contact with other high temperature environments, such as using electric blankets in winter.
If you plan to take a hot bath in the middle and later stages of pregnancy, expectant mothers should also be very careful, because the blood circulation of expectant mothers is different from that of ordinary people. It is so well adjusted that it is likely to produce shock, dizziness or collapse. Therefore, it is recommended that expectant mothers use other methods to replace hot baths, such as showers, foot baths, etc.
3. Wear tight clothing that presses against the stomach
Modern pregnant mothers are very concerned about their self-image, and they often wear tight clothes that press the belly when their belly is bulging. However, such clothes are easy to aggravate physical fatigue and affect the development of the fetus in the abdomen.
Tips: It is recommended that working pregnant mothers choose professional maternity clothes that are in line with their professional status, do not hinder work, and are also very convenient and comfortable.
4. Anti-freckle skin care products
Some pregnant women develop pregnancy spots on their cheeks in the second trimester of pregnancy. This is unacceptable to modern pregnant mothers who are very concerned about their self-image, so they use freckle skin care products. However, the more effective freckle skin care products often have higher lead content, and the increase in lead content in the pregnant mother will cause many adverse effects on the fetus, and it is easy to cause the fetus to suffer from ADHD, mental retardation, and anemia after birth.
Tips: Temporarily give up freckle skin care products, and go out with more face protection, such as wearing sun hats and umbrellas.
5. Certain household chores
During pregnancy, you should also do some housework as much as you can. Although you can’t do it perfectly, as long as you don’t feel tired, doing housework is also a kind of exercise. In the first trimester, the body is still very convenient to do housework. In the second and third trimesters, the body changes greatly, and the movements become clumsy. At this time, special attention should be paid to the type and time of housework.
Do not do housework that bends over or squat for a long time, such as mopping the floor and weeding in the yard, because squatting for a long time will cause pelvic congestion and eventually lead to miscarriage, especially in the later stage of pregnancy, it should be absolutely prohibited.
When drying clothes, because of the upward movement of the waist, the stomach needs a lot of strength. Doing this for a long time may also cause miscarriage.
When cooking, try to sit in a chair to avoid leg fatigue and swelling. When you have early pregnancy reactions, be aware that the taste of cooking may cause morning sickness or allergies.
6. Driving in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy
Modern pregnant mothers are more likely to drive, and for pregnant mothers in the second and third trimesters, because their bodies become less flexible, it is not easy to maintain correct operation when driving, which is more dangerous. If you encounter an emergency and brake suddenly, it is easy to stimulate the lower abdomen and increase the possibility of miscarriage or premature birth. In addition, the nervous response of pregnant mothers is relatively low. Once encountering special circumstances, traffic accidents are prone to occur due to the relatively slow response.
Tips: It is recommended that pregnant mothers with conditions can ask their husband to pick them up or take a taxi.
Ten taboos for expecting mothers to have sex
Pregnancy is a critical period in life, and the ten taboos of sex life should be paid more attention to:
(1) Avoid having sex with bad mood: as the so-called “don’t make it difficult for others”. The sex life between husband and wife should be carried out under the condition that both parties are happy, happy and have a strong sexual desire. It is not advisable for only one party to have sexual desires and sexual urges, while the other party is depressed for sexual intercourse. In this way, not only the harmony of sexual life can not be obtained, but also the party who is in a bad mood will be disgusted with it. If this happens repeatedly, it will lead to frigidity in women or impotence in men.
(2) Avoid sexual intercourse when fatigue is not eliminated: Sexual life consumes a certain amount of physical strength. When physical or mental fatigue, sexual life often fails to achieve orgasm, and results that are satisfactory to both parties are not obtained. There are many cases of death due to heart failure or acute exacerbation of chronic diseases, especially after having sex after physical fatigue.
(3) Have sex after drinking alcohol: Some people think that alcohol can improve libido, so they are used to having sex after drinking. In fact, after drinking, especially after drinking a lot of strong alcohol, it will lead to weak erection or premature ejaculation of men, hindering the normal progress of sexual life, and pregnancy after drinking will also affect the fetus, resulting in deformity or low intelligence.
(4) Avoid sexual intercourse during menstrual period: The woman’s endometrium is abnormally damaged during menstruation, and the cervix is open. At this time, sexual intercourse is very easy to ascend and cause infection of the uterus or appendages. It is not hygienic and can easily damage the health of the wife.
(5) Avoid insufficient preparation and hurried sexual intercourse: Some people do not understand the sexual and physiological characteristics of women, and they are eager to have intercourse without preparing well, or because of the rush of time, they are in a hurry and withdraw troops hastily. These practices can not make the woman reach orgasm, not only do not have interest in sexual life, but also bring pain, which is the main reason for women’s frigidity.
(6) Avoid sexual intercourse when you are full or hungry: After you are full, the blood flows to the stomach, and the blood supply to the brain and other organs is relatively insufficient; on the contrary, when you are hungry, your physical strength decreases and you are not full of energy. Therefore, sexual intercourse often does not achieve sexual satisfaction when full or hungry. Even barely attaining sexual satisfaction is not good for physical health.
(7) Avoid the idea of men being superior to women: Some people have the idea of men being superior to women in their sexual life. It is common that the man does whatever he wants, does not listen to or respects the woman’s opinion, acts rudely, or even rapes. This kind of practice will seriously damage the woman’s self-esteem, not only will it Destroying the relationship between husband and wife will also make the woman gradually disgust the sex life, and even lead to frigidity, which is one of the important reasons for the separation of the husband and wife relationship.
(8) Intercourse during the avoidance of diseases: those who suffer from some serious organic diseases, the doctor has instructed those who cannot have sex, not to have sexual intercourse; if they are infected with infectious diseases and contagious, they should also avoid sexual intercourse; Certain sexually transmitted diseases, let alone have sex. Sexual life with illness, the victim is not only the patient himself, but also harm the other party.
(9) Avoid having sex after bathing: When bathing, especially when taking a hot bath, the blood circulation of the whole body is accelerated, and the blood vessels of the skin are fully expanded. If you have sexual intercourse immediately after bathing, the sexual organs will be congested sharply, which will increase the burden of blood circulation in the whole body, make the blood circulation imbalance, and cause serious consequences due to insufficient local blood supply or ischemia. Therefore, take a break after bathing before having sex.
(10) Avoid unhygienic sexual intercourse with the genitals: both parties should clean the penis and vaginal opening before intercourse, which not only improves the health of both parties, but also contributes to a harmonious and happy sexual life. If the sexual organs are unsanitary, bacteria and other pathogens will be brought into the other party’s body, which will damage the other party’s health.
Breast health precautions for expectant mothers
After pregnancy, a mother-to-be’s body changes a lot to accommodate the growth and development of her baby. The breast also “adjusts” itself for breastfeeding, allowing the baby to latch on to the milk for the first time. Experts remind that some mothers affect breastfeeding due to sunken nipples, chapped nipples, etc.
During pregnancy, check whether the shape of the nipple is normal, whether it is too flat, and whether it is concave. Use two thumbs parallel to both sides of the nipple, gently pull outward, repeat several times, and then pull the nipple up and down in the same way, 1 to 2 times a day, count 10 times each time.
In order to promote the blood circulation of the breast and facilitate the secretion and circulation of the glands, you can do some gentle massage, hold the breast with one hand, and place the other hand on the breast, and do a gentle rotary massage. 1 to 2 times a day, a few minutes each time.
To ensure a smooth postpartum feeding, a loose, comfortable cotton bra should be worn. With the increase of breast volume, different types of bras should be replaced so that the blood circulation of the breast is smooth and the breast tissue develops normally. Wearing a bra can protect your breasts and nipples from rubbing against your clothes. Bras should be changed frequently in summer to ensure that the skin and clothing are clean and dry.
Take an appropriate sleeping position, preferably on your side or supine. The prone position is easy to squeeze the breasts, making the blood circulation not smooth, and cannot guarantee the transport of hormones that promote the development of the breasts, thus affecting the development of the breasts.
Expectant mothers with small breasts should not use breast enhancement creams during pregnancy.
The areola and nipple can be scrubbed with mild soapy water, and a warm towel applied to the breast.
When the breasts appear abnormal, such as abnormal pain and changes in shape, you should see a doctor in time. Do not govern it by yourself, which will affect the development of the breast.
What Causes Mental Health Problems in Pregnant Women?
1. Psychology believes that when a woman is pregnant, she will trace the emotional connection between herself and her mother in the coexistence experience with the fetus, that is, subconsciously arouse the conflict between women’s love and hate for their mother. If she has had a bad relationship with her mother since childhood, and has been rejected or abused by her mother, she will not be able to form a proper maternal identity, and may even be dissatisfied with the fetus in her womb or doubt whether she is qualified for the heavy responsibility of a mother. This leads to fear and rejection of pregnancy.
2. Unhappy marital union, or unwilling conception. In this case, the anger and dissatisfaction of the pregnant woman towards her spouse or the person who conceived her are transferred to the fetus in the womb, resulting in a lack of refusal to conceive.
3. Worry about changes in body shape. Generally, in marriages based on beauty, women attach great importance to their own body shape and appearance. Pregnancy will change self-image, so pregnancy often makes some women who pay attention to appearance suffer a psychological blow, so they worry that their husbands will change their minds because of their clumsiness. Women with stronger jealousy in love have more serious psychological changes.
4, other psychological pressure. If you are forced by the outside world or your own gender expectations for the future baby, you will increase the psychological burden and worry about the possible unfortunate outcome all day long. May also worry about whether the fetus is normal, financial burden, occupational difficulties, deprivation of social life, tension in the couple’s sexual life and so on. All of this can create physical and mental stress.